Monday, October 3, 2016

Mistakes?



How about them mistakes eh?



As i got older and older.. i learnt more and more. Both in my career and in life.
Collateral to this, i began to assign myself values i believe in and to push away "flaws" or "defects" that do not match my values.

It all seems good and sane, right? I mean it's good to hold on to your values, continuously improve, learn from mistakes and teachings.

Yet..

I also noticed "mistakes" in other people, maybe fundamental flaws i totally disagree or flaws i learnt to grow past them.

It is that moment when i notice them, that i make a stand and i point them. And don't get me wrong, i try to pass back my a-has on them not just finger pointing or playing the blame game.

It is that moment you can pinpoint the reason to a crisis, or the source of a misfortune and who made what mistake and when. When you "KNOW" what the mistake is.

And in this exact moment.. i learnt that i am wrong....

My journey in life has made me to make good deeds and bad. To fail and improve, to reach a point where i am not by far perfect, but i am working on it. I am probably still making mistakes and i will make them in the future.

SAME AS THE NEXT PERSON!



The fact that i notice certain "mistakes" does not make me a better person, or a more mature one, or a more experienced one.. no..

These people are on their own journey. Their life moved them on a certain path with good deeds and bad. with failures and improvements, with life lessons that may or may not match mine. That may or may not eventually reach my values..
They are not wrong. They are not flawed. They did not make my mistakes.. they make their mistakes and are evolving just as i am... but on a different road.
A life adventure journey, that leads us to being a leader, an artist, a politician, a father, a mother, a friend or a criminal.

You match your values you get communities. You match your "journeys" and you get harmony. I feel that it's so fundamentally flawed to judge any misbehaviour, how can you tell what created that man? How can you be so sure, that he was able to embrace the same values you have, by living a different life? You CANT!

They do the best they can with what was given.



I don't believe in bad people. I don't believe someone is out there just to watch the world burn. I think we all have the same ideals in life, but it's our context, life journey that shapes us and our values.

Think about it: one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter... who are you to tell the difference?



I think we're lacking that common set of values written somewhere that we all agree that we should aspire to have. The church tried to do this (i'll cover my view of the church in another article) but it just doesn't stick in the current society. Ants and bees manage to do this though...

And so, this lack of common ideal, creates a mismatch in the values, a mismatch in the life journey that lead to fundamental core values that do not click across the communities. See Europe vs imigrants. Why is it hard for them to integrate? Their values revolve on a journey that you and I have only read about. How can you as a european, how can you possibly imagine how it feels like to lose your home, your friends, and take whatever you have left and seek a life in Europe. You can't just be empathic with that.. you are not qualified to understand them. You are qualified to empathize with people that shared your journey and values.



I just stand and observe. Actions that people do. Some i agree with some i don't.

But now, whenever i notice that "mistake" I just try to realize, what has lead that person to that action, what are his/hers values, what is that person's journey. And with a sympathetic smirk, I'm thinking: "i don't feel you bro, but best of luck in your adventure called Life"

In my ignorance i saw people i strived to be like and people i didn't want to become. I work to be better in a way that matches my values and i work to move away from values that i don't embrance.
But in fact, each of us has it's own journey. A flaw, mistake that one may have, might just as well be a flaw mistake i had, or a totally different flaw mistake i had but in the past. I overcome it. They will too.

We're all on our own journeys, threads to learn and evolve. But our paths cross and we reflect the people against our values. Which is also known as judging. But that's just a person on a journey.. safe trip mate!



So how about them mistakes eh?

PS: Did my life journey just got a level-up?
Peace




No comments:

Post a Comment